There was a time when eating out was a game of chance for vegans. You’d always need a few spare snacks in your bag just in case you ended up in one of those restaurants that thought that you could ‘still eat chicken and fish’.
Luckily, as more people join the herbivore gang, restaurants and cafes have expanded their menus to include a range of meals that don’t contain any animal products at all. Here’s a selection of dishes you can happily eat on a day out at Centrale & Whiftgift without a worry.
1. YO! Sushi has plenty of offerings that feature vegetables as the main act. We’d recommend the Tofu Katsu Curry, £4.20, which even won an award at the PETA UK Vegan Food Awards.
2. If you’re looking to get your energy levels back up after a few hours of shopping, head to Holland & Barrett for a sweet pit-stop. The healthy-eating haven offers plenty of vegan-friendly snacks, such as the PhD Protein Superfood Bar Dark Chocolate & Raspberry, £1.99.
3. Sweet potato is always a tasty option for people who don’t eat meat or dairy. Head over to Café Giardino for some energy-boosting Sweet Potato Fries, £3.75.
4. Camden Coffee House does some deliciously fresh dishes that are perfect for vegans. We’d recommend the Sunblush Tomato, Roasted Red Peppers and Rocket Bagel, £3.25.
5. If it’s a hot day there’s nothing better than a frozen treat to cool you down. Ice cream was once off-limits for vegans, but now there are plenty of non-dairy alternatives popping up. Try Sainsbury’s Swedish Glace Non Dairy Frozen Dessert in Smooth Vanilla, £2.50.
Get exclusive offers and freebies by signing up to the Centrale PLUS app. For the latest fashion, beauty and lifestyle news, subscribe to our email alerts.