Keeping everyone safe
Here's our quick guide to help you plan your next visit.
Our priority is yours and our colleagues’ health and we have introduced a range of measures to keep us all safe. These include:
• A one-way system in the centre. Signage is in place throughout to help guide your journey while you shop.
• Clear signs throughout the centre reminding everyone of the need to social distance, and to avoid shopping in large groups.
• Hand sanitiser stations around the centre.
• Enhanced cleaning procedures throughout the centre.
• Face coverings are compulsory throughout the centre, including in all our stores
• We are only accepting card or contactless payments at our Pay on Foot machines in the car park.
• We’re restricting how many people can enter the centre and individual stores at any one time. This way, we can ensure everyone in the centre is able to social distance easily. Please bare with us as it might take a little longer to get what you want when you visit.
Below are a range of answers to the most frequently asked questions to help plan your next visit:
Will the toilets be open?
Yes with some restrictions – Whitgift toilets and baby changing facilities are open. Centrale Men, Ladies and Disabled toilets available on the Ground floor and Lower Mall.
Additionally we have introduced measures to encourage social distancing.
Which stores are open?
If you are planning to visit a particular store, please visit their page here for the latest information.
Is Collect + available?
Collect + is available from the Customer Service Desk in the Whitgift centre during the following hours: Mon-Sat 09:00am – 16:50pm Sunday 11:00 – 16:50pm
Can I use the lifts?
Our lifts are available for use but social distancing is required at all time, and we are recommending one person or household per lift. Please only enter a vacant lift when it becomes available. This may mean delays to your journey through the centre during times of high use.
Are the car parks open?
Both car parks are both open for contactless payment only. For further information please visit here. Is the Shopmobility open?
Shopmobility services are temporarily closed. Please refer to our Shopmobility page for further information and updates.
Do I have to wear a face mask/covering?
In line with the latest guidance from the Government, face coverings are compulsory throughout the centre, including in all our stores, unless you have a legitimate reason not to wear one such as a disability. For more information on who is exempt please visit the Government’s website.
We know that those who are exempt may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. The Government has produced some materials that may help here. My Centrale & Whitgift gift card expired while the centre was closed, what can I do?
If you have a gift card that has expired while the centre was closed, we will be happy to extend the expiry date so that you have time to use it as we reopen. To do this, please call our Gift Card Support number which you will find on the back of your gift card. If you have a virtual gift card you can find the contact number in the footer of the web page where you check your balance.
For more information regarding Centrale & Whitgift gift card please visit here.